Sunday, December 1, 2013

Far Too Long to meet Persimmon Cookies

A new discovery for me... Persimmon Cookies are " D lish !!!  "

First, I finished the 2 quilts from last post, made matching bedsheets ( oddly a challenge using 42" wide fabric) , and packed and shipped all grandkid Christmas gifts including those bought. ( I really didn't think anyone would want to see a post on wrapping/packing)... Such a relief to have that behind me. I am DONE with Christmas shopping and now doing January/February family birthday purchases.  Anyone who has shopped for gifts in January knows the pickings are slim so best do now.

 Today  I am making a treat for my small group from church....  these  cookies are soooo good I wanted to share the recipe. ( This is a simple 2 persimmon recipe that makes appx 3 dozen "delicious"  soft cookies that to me resemble a muffin top consistency.  TASTY!

First the recipe for Persimmon Cookies: 

INGREDIENTS:

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  2. Dissolve baking soda in persimmon pulp and set aside.
  3. Sift flour, spices and salt together, set aside.
  4. Cream together butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy, beat in egg and persimmon. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and raisins.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.    ingredients source... allrecipes.com    
 Gathering ingredients.. getting ready                 
 2 ripe persimmons pureed including skin (with 1 tsp baking soda... mix and set aside. )



  1. Mix 2 cups flour , 1/2 tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon,cloves,salt in a separate bowl and set aside. 



 In a separate bowl, 1 stick of softened butter or margarine ( I cut my butter into small squares to start) , 1 cup granulated white sugar .  Cream til fluffy, then add 1 egg. Next stir  pureed persimmon/soda  in to this mixture.  Then.. Stir in flour mixture.

 Finally stir in  1 cup each of raisins, chopped walnuts.


 Drop by teaspoon on a  prepared baking sheet.  Bake 350 degrees as few as 11 mins - up to 15 mins... check for light browning and they are done.
Cool and enjoy.  Caution... they are kind of like potato chips. Can't eat just one.

No comments: