Thursday, December 15, 2011

Back At It!

Christmas planning and events got in the way of quilt related creativity for a bit.... but 'am back at it. I am following a general plan many painters do and that is to move toward getting the basic painting across the entire painting surface... (i'e' fabric here)... and later I will work on depth, value, color enhancement, etc. So the background behind this fox is intended to be sort of an out of focus slope of slushed and broken snow/ice.
This will be darkened/softened later on and you will note the fox is looking off to his left so I chose to add a snowbound tree to stop the eye. You can only slightly figure that out in the fabric drawing underneath the painting.
I'll be adding a good bunch of foliage... starting using a forest green brush-tipped Fabrico marker ... and used a loose push away motion to create branches and leaves..
Now to add a bit of weight and interest, a Truffle Brown (don't you love the name?!) Fabrico marker was used 'here' and there.
The addition also of a bit of chilly blue helps decrease the temperature.
Later..I'll be adding within the branches a softer blue and forest green 'scrubbing to add bulk to the tree limbs. Don't you know I'd love to stay at this but right now I must bake 12 loaves of pumpkin bread for my friendship group party coming up tomorrow. Happy shopping to those that still have some to do and happy wrapping to those that are done!

No comments: