Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Making A Different Quilt sandwich!

I'm inviting you along on a slight experiment with use of 2 layers of batting. I have used 2 layers before on other projects but not these types. Because this is a SNOWY scene, I wanted the unquilted clumps of painted snow to stand up above the quilted surface, so I'm trying a top batting layer of polyester and a back batting of cotton. The poly is for 'fluff' and the cotton is for weight to help the finished piece hang well.
With 2 layers of batting I needed to adjust my pressure foot height.
And...I definitely needed to put on my supreme slider sheet. It sooooo helps glide the back and forth stitch patterns I have planned for the background.
Ready Set!!

1 comment:

Mary Couch said...

I love your blog... learn, learn, learn!!! That's what I'm doing. Your guided instructions are wonderful. I grew up as a Long Beach kid... But now live in Sunset Beach, NC. Someday I'm coming back, staying with cousins and going to the quilt festival! I'll look for you and your awesome quilts.
Thanks again,
Hugs from Mary