Friday, December 9, 2011

The Border Finish

I loved using this variegated turquoise, burgundy, purple thread in the border. It's fun to quilt and looks like the fun it was to quilt.
Now to sign... I experimented a bit... using a similar value thread as the grass... then outlined with a contrasting value. Kind of fun. I wouldn't do this on a competitive quilt because I don't want the signature to distract from the overall image... but this is an exhibit piece... and a postcard at that. Everybody signs their postcard so it can be read.

2 comments:

Laura T said...

I love what you are doing on this quilt! How do you find out what is taken already for the Route 66 Challenge? LauraT

Patt Blair said...

I hope you want to participate... this is going to be great fun to exhibit. Go to the route 66 quilts link on the side bar
and scroll down a bit to the list of states and what people are planning.... Patt ;-)
or go to http://www.route66quilts.blogspot.com and do the same as above.