Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa and Renoir's Two Sisters

The next couple days are crazy busy for all of us... I'm busy making last minute hostess gifts ( will try to post later as they are quick and easy) but have been gazing at this my favorite painting owned by the Chicago Art Institute. It is Renoir's... Two Sisters. The older sister's red hat is the most intense red anyone has ever seen in person. Wish I were there to see it in person again. Santa seems to like it!
Have a happy safe and beautiful Holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this painting too. My mother had a large print of it hanging in her home for years. And now I am cross-stitching it at 18 stitches per inch which will take me about 3 years to do, but I really enjoy doing it. Got the pattern from ScarletQuince.com