Friday, December 16, 2011

What Looks Easy ... Often Offers Greatest Challenges

Okay... so we're building a simple tree with a few clumps of snow here and there. It's a slow process for me, mostly because I haven't sufficiently studied trees with snow on the limbs. I know I should have. I live in the mountains... but I admit that of late, when it starts to snow, I drive off the mountain to my studio condo. I don't mind the snow as much as I HATE icy roads which are so very common in our little one lane winding canyon road.
After painting in the branches, this is mostly a matter of painting away negative space which will start to integrate the limbs.
Just about ready for the next step which will finally involve a sewing machine!

1 comment:

Mary Couch said...

I love all of your beautiful work. The "thinking out loud" writing you do is so informative. I'm glad I happened upon your blog. As a beginner in art quilting, I'll be back often.
Thank you
Hugs from Mary