Saturday, December 17, 2011

Prepping For "The Fox"

I have a basic mental plan for quilting this piece which will be my first element for machine work.
I already know I plan differing densities of quilting so that presents a problem or at least potential for surface distortion I don't want!!! I want to add some more dense thread work on the fox, so I will be adding that BEFORE I make the quilt sandwich. First on a piece of fusible stabilizer, I make a reverse tracing of the contour of the fox. I then cut it out maybe 1/8 inch larger than the contour.
Then it's a matter of following stabilizer directions and ironing on the backside of the fox. Note: What you immediately see in this picture is a pressing sheet ATOP the stabilizer... this so I don't get "glue gunk" on my iron. I hate that!!!
there it is... I will shortly begin the thread work from the front side.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Great little quilt - you capture the fox giving full attention. Thanks for sharing your process!