Friday, December 23, 2011

Fox Quilting Part 1

The background area immediately surrounding the fox is relatively dark and I wish it to stay that way with choice of thread, so I'm selecting a near matching color/value.
I've decided to quilt fairly close together so to knock down the background enough to really pop snow forward.
I come close to the edge of the fox contour without touching the white. I try to use graceful connections beside other areas. I "almost" never come straight to a stop at the edge of an adjoining area but instead turn the quilting line parallel to the contour edge... sort of the S curve idea. It makes a cleaner finished edge to the quilting pattern.
The snow really puffs up. It's may be a little more puffy than needed, but it looks pretty good.

4 comments:

Mary Couch said...

Talk about the "wow" factor! Job well done.
Christmas hugs from Mary

Patt Blair said...

Thanks Mary.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Patt

Laura T said...

Merry Christmas Patt and a Very Happy New Year! Thanks so much for posting your work - I love seeing where it takes you:)
LauraT

Patt Blair said...

Laura... THANK YOU... Have a Beautiful Safe and Loving Holiday!!!! I'll be back at quilting within a day or so. DEADLINES!!!!!! ;-)