Monday, December 12, 2011

Starting A Magazine Piece

Perfect time of year to be starting a new piece, huh? Well maybe not but I'm thrilled to be working on an invitation piece that will become part of a well known magazines 2012 traveling exhibition honoring all 4 seasons. I seem to recall there will be 12 pieces which will first appear in the magazine in I think May 2012.. then travel. I was asked to do a piece for winter so I'm off and running. I have chosen to do another piece with lots of 'chilly' white snow and will include a white Arctic Fox found in Alaska, a place visited last year. The Arctic Fox is only white in the winter. Mother Nature is so clever!!!!
So the drawing is done, laid beneath the fabric, and here we go blocking in the fox.
....
I need to place some subtle color changes in him so he'll show up against snow in the background.
I am confined to a size of 24"W x 18"L which honestly is why I have chosen a smaller animal than my normal choices. This little fox is rather endearing itself to me.

No comments: